February Half Term Family Fun 2019
What’s on at half term in Norfolk?
Half term in Norfolk is full of entertaining things for children of all ages. We list below a selection and would also point out that there are plenty of things that children enjoy doing which you don’t need to book and pay for! Hide and seek in the woods at Holkham beach springs to mind.
- Meet a Hedgehog – Family Event – Monday 18 February, 2019. Join Marian Grimes from Hedgehog Haven (North Norfolk) and her prickly friends to learn about Marian’s rescue centre, the secret lives of hedgehogs and how we can help protect this endangered species. Meet the live hedgehogs which are in the care of Hedgehog Haven face to face.
- Teddy Bear Express at Bure Valley Railway, Aylsham. This looks fabulous for little ones and grandparents. Trains go from Aylsham and Wroxham stations. Trains go throughout the day. No Pre-booking required, just arrive 15 minutes before the departure time of the train.
- Nursery Rhyme I-Spy at Wells and Walsingham light railway. Come along to the railway for a fun Nursery Rhyme I-Spy! From your sheet of clues, spot the answers as you travel down the line.
- Signs of Spring at Fairhaven Woodland and Water Garden, South Walsham. Family event: It’s (nearly) Spring! Celebrate with us by looking out for signs of Spring in our woodland garden. Included in garden entry, no need to book.
- Fantasy February at Dinosaur Adventure, Lenwade near Norwich. During February Half Term, we will be hosting ‘Fantasy February’ at Roarr! Dinosaur Adventure, between 18th and 24th. A truly ROARR-some offer, dress your child as their favourite fantasy character (fairies, ogres, trolls and unicorns to give you a few ideas) and gain 50% off their gate admission price.
- Broads Tours, February Half Term, Children Go Free. The Bridge, Wroxham. Join Broads Tours this Half Term for a trip on the Broads National Park, where Children Go Free! Your skipper will give a live and entertaining commentary, discussing the history of the Broads and pointing out all the wildlife, don’t forget to tick them all off on your bird spotting sheet! Max 2 free children per every full paying adult. February 16 – February 24.
- The Tiger Who Came to Tea, Blickling Hall, Aylsham, NR11 6NF
Enjoy interactive play with a life-size tiger amongst Judith Kerr’s delightful illustrations, notes and sketches. Find tigers hidden around the house or try the tiger themed garden trail. Tiger themed storytelling sessions on Wednesdays and some weekends.
- Lamb Feeding & Lambing Live, Church Farm Rare Breeds Centre, Stow Bardolph, Downham Market, PE34 3HT
The lambs are fed at the beginning of each session so arrive on time as they won’t wait to be fed!! With lambs being born all the time, plus lots of other baby animals on the way.….you never know what you might see.
- Explore the Muckleburgh Museum, Weybourne, NR25 7EH
Think of yourself as a RAF aircraft pilot or maybe a tank driver and explore the Artillery Hall, Missile Room, Tank Hall, Model Gallery and plenty more including the fantastic play area.
- Boggle Wish Bonfire, Horning Road, Hoveton, NR12 8JW
Write a wish for someone you love and send it into the flames through the wonderful whirly-gig! The Twiggles will listen to your wishes and might just make it come true! Crafts, face painting, BeWILDerwood characters, storytelling. All activities are inclooooded!
- Feathered Friends Fun, Holkham Hall, Wells-next-the-Sea, NR23 1AB
Until 24 February. Learn more about our feathered friends, build a bird box to take home, discover which birds might use them with a Ranger walk and investigate what owls eat with an owl pellet dissection. £6.50 per bird box.
- Home Tweet Home at Pensthorpe near Fakenham
Who lives in a house like this? Celebrate National Nest Box Week (14th-21st February) by exploring our nest box trail that will challenge your knowledge of our native wildlife and discovering how you can encourage birds to nest in your garden. We have everything you’ll need to house and feed your local bird life from our shop and you can even make your own nest in our daily craft activity.