A Farmhouse that sleeps 12 near Thornham
This spacious and character-filled farmhouse sits in a valley surrounded by mixed arable farmland. Comfortable and airy, it enjoys a secluded and quiet position amidst a south-facing, half-acre garden, with furnished sitting-out area and terrace. Set to the south of Thornham, it is well placed for exploring the many delights of Norfolk’s coast and countryside.
Superbly renovated, this large farmhouse enjoys a secluded position just over the hill from Thornham in a secluded valley. With the ability to sleep 12 it is ideal for large family gatherings.
- Entrance hall: including cloakroom.
- Living/games room: includes a wood burner, 42’’ Free-view TV, table tennis table and French doors leading to the patio area and large garden.
- Drawing room: includes an open fire and Free-view TV.
- Dining room: Seating for 12
- Kitchen/dining area: includes a breakfast area, wood burner, oil-fired Aga, electric oven, electric hob, microwave, American style fridge/freezer, 2 dishwashers, seating area and French doors leading to the patio.
- Utility room: includes a washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Separate lavatory.
- Bedroom 1: has a super king-size bed and en-suite with bath, shower cubicle and lavatory.
- Bedroom 2: has a super king-size bed and en-suite with bath, shower cubicle and lavatory.
- Bedroom 3: has a double bed and en-suite with shower cubicle and lavatory.
- Bedroom 4: has twin beds, Free-view TV, DVD player and en-suite with bath, shower attachment and lavatory.
- Bedroom 5: has twin beds and en-suite with shower cubicle and lavatory.
- Steep stairs lead up to…
- Bedroom 6: has a super king-size bed, Free-view TV and en-suite with free-standing bath, shower cubicle and lavatory.
Oil central heating, oil, electricity, bed linen, towels, Wi-Fi included. Initial logs for the wood burner and open fire included remainder by honesty box. Welcome pack. Telephone-incoming and emergency calls only.
Outside Lyng Farmhouse
Large, enclosed lawned garden with terrace, garden furniture and barbecue. Bike store. Private parking for 10 cars.
The traditional seaside resort of Hunstanton is just 4 miles away, where a variety of attractions include the theatre, a public swimming pool, facilities for water-skiing, an 18-hole golf course (handicap certificate required), sports centre and tennis courts. For beginner golfers, there is a pitch and put course as well as Searles leisure park with a huge driving range. This area is ideal for keen bird-watchers and walkers, with many well-known walks through the countryside (Peddar’s Way, a trackway used from Roman times is close by) and RSPB reserves at Holme and Titchwell (3 miles away). Stately homes and gardens such as those at Houghton and Holkham make for interesting day trips, and there is an array of attractions on offer for the children. Sandringham Estate which is one of the Queen’s country homes is well worth a visit and is open to the public unless a member of the Royal family is residence. Only an 18-mile drive away is King’s Lynn – a busy town with several splendid Tudor and Georgian buildings and is perfect for meandering down the alleyways that lead back from the pretty waterfront. A short distance are the pretty towns of Burnham Market and Burnham Thorpe – the birthplace of Horatio Nelson and where today in the parish church the lectern is made out of timbers taken from his famous ship the Victory, as well as a small exhibition on his life. Closer to home are the beaches, shops, pubs and restaurants of Thornham (1 mile away).
You will be in great company as nearby is the Sandringham Estate where the Royals holiday in the summer. Kings Lynn would be the place to visit for the hardened shoppers. The town boasts an improved Quayside with Pubs and Resturants a great place to watch the world go by. You can get ticketed theatre shows in Kings Lynn with various artists appearing year-round. Please check online to see who is in residence and when. Some guests arrange stays around their favourite artists.